FIABCI’S «THE CITY WE NEED IS AFFORDABLE» CAMPAIGN
The world is undergoing an unprecedented wave of urban growth. In 20 years the global urban population will double. Affordable housing, efficient transportation and respect for diverse cultures are essential for a vibrant city.
The severe shortage of moderately priced housing is aggravated by the following:
- Land price has increased rapidly
- Investors tend to focus on high-end residential
- Governments are tightening budgets
- The public sector cannot solve the problem alone
FIABCI will bring together the real estate industry’s major stakeholders to propose innovative solutions to meet the increasing demand for affordable housing. We endorse UN Habitat’s “The City We Need” campaign and are seeking submissions for FIABCI’s “The City We Need is Affordable” competition which is focused on identifying and sharing global solutions for affordable housing.
At the UN Habitat III Conference in Quito, Ecuador in October 2016, FIABCI will share innovative solutions with the world in the hope that it will result in a significant global increase in moderately-priced housing developments.
To Participate in the Competition, Please Click on the Link Above
For Questions or For Further Information, Please Email Us at email@example.com
The City We Need Is Affordable
The top submissions will be presented at the FIABCI Event during Habitat III in Quito, Ecuador on October 18. Additional projects will be featured on the «City We Need is Affordable» page at fiabci.org
- The competition is open to anyone over the age of 18, from any country and from any discipline. Submission text must be in English and submitted via our online registration form. By entering a submission into the competition, entrants confirm that the submitted material is their own original or a collaborative work, tool or idea and that it does not infringe upon any copyright law. The entrant also confirms that he/she has permission to publish the material and provides FIABCI full legal rights and approval to do so.
Registration and Deadline
- Competition is from March 16 to June 30
- An international jury will select the top submissions in June
- Formal presentation of the top solutions will take place at FIABCI event at a FIABCI Event duringHabitat III Conference in Quito on October 18, from 15h to 18h, during the Habitiat III Conference in Quito. Governments, civil society and real estate leaders will be invited.
- FINANCING: Formulas to attract and reward private and institutional investors
- ARCHITECTURE: Attractive, sustainable, quick and low-cost designs
- URBAN PLANNING: Quality of life, social mix and integration
- BUILDING MATERIALS & TECHNIQUES: Efficiency and reduced building time
- TECHNOLOGIES: Lowering construction and maintenance costs
- PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS: Accelerating the supply of moderately-priced housing
- The submission may include graphics, photography or videography. Support media should be submitted with high-resolution original files/images for use on fiabci.org, printed materials and exhibition. The submission narrative on the registration form should have a maximum of 500 words.
Authorship & Copyright
- Entrants acknowledge that FIABCI, the International Real Estate Federation, may exhibit any and all entries on the website and a selection of the entries may be chosen for physical exhibition, public display and publication in a book, in documents and/or website or presentation. FIABCI will make every effort to notify entrants of any pubic exhibitions of their work through correspondence with the registered contact.
- In entering the competition, entrants grant FIABCI unrestricted license to exercise the preparation of derivative works, distrbution of copies of the submission and the right to authorize such use by others. Entrants will be credited whenever possible on all online and printed materials published by FIABCI.